The medieval Church of Nossa Senhora da Luz (dedicated to ‘Our Lady of Light’) was built around 1521. As a result of the 1755 Lisbon earthquake it was badly damaged and its restoration in 1874 was funded by local contributions. In the 20th century a violent storm and the 1969 earthquake caused similar damage to the church body
The Church of Our Lady of Light belongs to the Portuguese Roman Catholic Church, but the St Vincent’s Anglican congregation can use the church and is part of the Church of England, Dioceses in Europe and the Anglican Communion. Services are in English and everyone is welcome to worship at the Church.
Contact: Lars Nowen – 282 789 660 to check for times.
English Anglican - Sunday 08.00 and 11.30.
Check times on board outside church.